Definitions of primary:
- noun: a preliminary election where delegates or nominees are chosen
- noun: one of the main flight feathers projecting along the outer edge of a bird's wing
- noun: coil forming the part of an electrical circuit such that changing current in it induces a current in a neighboring circuit
Example: "Current through the primary coil induces current in the secondary coil"
- adjective: of first rank or importance or value; direct and immediate rather than secondhand
Example: "Primary goals"
- adjective: not derived from or reducible to something else; basic
Example: "A primary instinct"
- adjective: of or being the essential or basic part
- adjective: of primary importance
Search for primary at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia