Definitions of prime:
- noun: a number that has no factor but itself and 1
- noun: the time of maturity when power and vigor are greatest
- noun: the second canonical hour; about 6 a.m.
- noun: the period of greatest prosperity or productivity
- verb: insert a primer into (a gun, mine, charge, etc.) preparatory to detonation or firing
Example: "Prime a cannon"
- verb: fill with priming liquid
Example: "Prime a car engine"
- verb: cover with a primer; apply a primer to
- adjective: at the best stage
Example: "Our manhood's prime vigor- Robert Browning"
- adjective: of or relating to or being an integer that cannot be factored into other integers
Example: "Prime number"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #11799)
Search for prime at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...