Definitions of principal:
- noun: the major party to a financial transaction at a stock exchange; buys and sells for his own account
- noun: the educator who has executive authority for a school
Example: "She sent unruly pupils to see the principal"
- noun: capital as contrasted with the income derived from it
- noun: the original amount of a debt on which interest is calculated
- noun: an actor who plays a principal role
Search for principal at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...