Definitions of pulse:
- noun: the rhythmic contraction and expansion of the arteries with each beat of the heart
- noun: edible seeds of various pod-bearing plants (peas or beans or lentils etc.)
- noun: the rate at which the heart beats; usually measured to obtain a quick evaluation of a person's health
- noun: (electronics) a sharp transient wave in the normal electrical state (or a series of such transients)
- verb: produce or modulate (as electromagnetic waves) in the form of short bursts or pulses or cause an apparatus to produce pulses
Example: "Pulse waves"
- verb: drive by or as if by pulsation
Example: "A soft breeze pulsed the air"
- verb: expand and contract rhythmically; beat rhythmically
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #54800)
Search for pulse at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse