Definitions of reach:
- noun: the act of physically reaching or thrusting out
- noun: the limits within which something can be effective
Example: "He was beyond the reach of their fire"
- noun: an area in which something acts or operates or has power or control
Example: "Outside the reach of the law"
- noun: the limit of capability
- verb: to extend as far as
Example: "The sunlight reached the wall"
- verb: be in or establish communication with
Example: "Our advertisements reach millions"
- verb: move forward or upward in order to touch; also in a metaphorical sense
Example: "Government reaches out to the people"
- verb: reach a point in time, or a certain state or level
Example: "This car can reach a speed of 140 miles per hour"
- verb: reach a destination, either real or abstract
Example: "The water reached the doorstep"
- verb: reach a goal, e.g., "make the first team"
- verb: to exert much effort or energy
- verb: place into the hands or custody of
- verb: to gain with effort
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #12536)
Search for reach at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse