Definitions of receive:
- verb: get something; come into possession of
Example: "Receive payment"
- verb: have or give a reception
- verb: receive a specified treatment (abstract)
Example: "These aspects of civilization do not find expression or receive an interpretation"
- verb: regard favorably or with disapproval
Example: "Her new collection of poems was not well received"
- verb: accept as true or valid
Example: "He received Christ"
- verb: partake of the Holy Eucharist sacrament
- verb: convert into sounds or pictures
Example: "Receive the incoming radio signals"
- verb: express willingness to have in one's home or environs
Example: "The community warmly received the refugees"
- verb: recieve (perceptual input)
- verb: of mental or physical states or experiences
Example: "Receive injuries"
- verb: receive as a retribution or punishment
- verb: bid welcome to; greet upon arrival
- verb: experience as a reaction
Search for receive at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse