Definitions of recess:
- noun: an enclosure that is set back or indented
- noun: a small concavity
- noun: a pause from doing something (as work)
- noun: an arm off of a larger body of water (often between rocky headlands)
- noun: a state of abeyance or suspended business
- verb: make a recess in
Example: "Recess the piece of wood"
- verb: put into a recess
Example: "Recess lights"
- verb: close at the end of a session
Search for recess at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia