Definitions of refine:
- verb: make more precise or increase the discriminatory powers of
Example: "Refine a method of analysis"
- verb: attenuate or reduce in vigor, strength, or validity by polishing or purifying
Example: "Many valuable nutrients are refined out of the foods in our modern diet"
- verb: reduce to a fine, unmixed, or pure state; separate from extraneous matter or cleanse from impurities
Example: "Refine sugar"
- verb: treat or prepare so as to put in a usable condition
Example: "Refine paper stock"
- verb: make more complex, intricate, or richer
Example: "Refine a design or pattern"
- verb: improve or perfect by pruning or polishing
Example: "Refine one's style of writing"
Search for refine at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia