Definitions of remote:
- noun: a device that can be used to control a machine or apparatus from a distance
Example: "He lost the remote for his TV"
- adjective: far apart in nature
Example: "Considerations entirely removed (or remote) from politics"
- adjective: very unlikely
Example: "A remote possibility"
- adjective: far distant in space
Example: "Remote stars"
- adjective: far distant in time
Example: "The remote past or future"
- adjective: inaccessible and sparsely populated
Search for remote at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia