Definitions of repair:
- noun: the act of putting something in working order again
- noun: a formal way of referring to the condition of something
Example: "The building was in good repair"
- noun: a frequently visited place
- verb: restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken
Example: "She repaired her TV set"
- verb: move, travel, or proceed toward some place
Example: "He repaired to his cabin in the woods"
- verb: make amends for; pay compensation for
Example: "One can never fully repair the suffering and losses of the Jews in the Third Reich"
- verb: set straight or right
Example: "Repair an oversight"
- verb: give new life or energy to
Example: "This treatment repaired my health"
Search for repair at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse