Definitions of representative:
- noun: a person who represents others
- noun: a member of the United States House of Representatives
- noun: an advocate who represents someone else's policy or purpose
- noun: an item of information that is representative of a type
- adjective: standing for something else
Example: "The bald eagle is representative of the United States"
- adjective: serving to represent or typify
Example: "Representative moviegoers"
- adjective: being or characteristic of government by representation in which citizens exercise power through elected officers and representatives
Example: "Representative government as defined by Abraham Lincoln is government of the people, by the people, for the people"
Search for representative at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2023 Datamuse