Definitions of resolution:
- noun: finding a solution to a problem
- noun: a decision to do something or to behave in a certain manner
Example: "He always wrote down his New Year's resolutions"
- noun: analysis into clear-cut components
- noun: a formal expression by a meeting; agreed to by a vote
- noun: (music) a dissonant chord is followed by a consonant chord
- noun: the subsidence of swelling or others signs of inflammation (especially in a lung)
- noun: (computer science) the number of pixels per square inch on a computer-generated display; the greater the resolution, the better the picture
- noun: something settled or resolved; the outcome of decision making
Example: "They never did achieve a final resolution of their differences"
- noun: the ability of a microscope or telescope to measure the angular separation of images that are close together
- noun: the trait of being resolute; firmness of purpose
Example: "It was his unshakeable resolution to finish the work"
- noun: a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem
Search for resolution at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse