Definitions of retrograde:
- verb: go back over
Example: "Retrograde arguments"
- verb: move back
Example: "The glacier retrogrades"
- verb: move in a direction contrary to the usual one
- verb: move backward in an orbit, of celestial bodies
- verb: get worse; fall back to a previous or worse condition
- adjective: going from better to worse
- adjective: of amnesia; affecting time immediately preceding trauma
- adjective: moving from east to west on the celestial sphere; or--for planets--around the sun in a direction opposite to that of the Earth
- adjective: moving or directed or tending in a backward direction or contrary to a previous direction
Search for retrograde at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2023 Datamuse