Definitions of ridge:
- noun: a beam laid along the ridge of a roof; provides attachment for upper end of rafters
- noun: any long raised border or margin of a bone or tooth or membrane
- noun: a long narrow natural elevation or striation
- noun: a long narrow range of hills
- noun: any long raised strip
- verb: extend in ridges
Example: "The land ridges towards the South"
- verb: spade into alternate ridges and troughs
Example: "Ridge the soil"
- verb: form into a ridge
- verb: throw soil toward (a crop row) from both sides
Example: "He ridged his corn"
- verb: plough alternate strips by throwing the furrow onto an unploughed strip
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #6295)
Search for ridge at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia