Definitions of risk:
- noun: a venture undertaken without regard to possible loss or injury
Example: "He saw the rewards but not the risks of crime"
- noun: the probability of being exposed to an infectious agent
- noun: the probability of becoming infected given that exposure to an infectious agent has occurred
- noun: a source of danger; a possibility of incurring loss or misfortune
- verb: expose to a chance of loss or damage
Example: "We risked losing a lot of money in this venture"
- verb: take a risk in the hope of a favorable outcome
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #16754)
Search for risk at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia