Definitions of ruffle:
- noun: a high tight collar
- noun: a strip of pleated material used as a decoration or a trim
- noun: a noisy fight
- verb: pleat or gather into a ruffle
Example: "Ruffle the curtain fabric"
- verb: disturb the smoothness of
Example: "Ruffle the surface of the water"
- verb: erect or fluff up
Example: "The bird ruffled its feathers"
- verb: trouble or vex
Example: "Ruffle somebody's composure"
- verb: discompose
Example: "This play is going to ruffle some people"
- verb: stir up (water) so as to form ripples
- verb: mix so as to make a random order or arrangement
- verb: twitch or flutter
- verb: to walk with a lofty proud gait, often in an attempt to impress others
Search for ruffle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia