Definitions of safe:
- noun: strongbox where valuables can be kept safe
- noun: a ventilated or refrigerated cupboard for securing provisions from pests
- noun: contraceptive device consisting of a thin rubber or latex sheath worn over the penis during intercourse
- adjective: free from danger or the risk of harm
Example: "A safe trip"
- adjective: in safekeeping
Example: "Your secret is safe with me"
- adjective: of an undertaking
- adjective: financially sound
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #36964)
Search for safe at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia