Definitions of say:
- noun: the chance to speak
Example: "Let him have his say"
- verb: indicate
Example: "The clock says noon"
- verb: communicate or express nonverbally
Example: "What does this painting say?"
- verb: recite or repeat a fixed text
Example: "Say grace"
- verb: utter aloud
- verb: state as one's opinion or judgement; declare
Example: "I say let's forget this whole business"
- verb: have or contain a certain wording or form
Example: "What does the law say?"
- verb: express a supposition
Example: "Let us say that he did not tell the truth"
- verb: express in words
- verb: report or maintain
Example: "The registrar says that I owe the school money"
- verb: give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority
- verb: speak, pronounce, or utter in a certain way
Example: "I cannot say `zip wire'"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #15359)
Search for say at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia