Definitions of scene:
- noun: graphic art consisting of the graphic or photographic representation of a visual percept
Example: "He painted scenes from everyday life"
- noun: a consecutive series of pictures that constitutes a unit of action in a film
- noun: a subdivision of an act of a play
Example: "The first act has three scenes"
- noun: an incident (real or imaginary)
Example: "Their parting was a sad scene"
- noun: the place where some action occurs
Example: "The police returned to the scene of the crime"
- noun: the painted structures of a stage set that are intended to suggest a particular locale
Example: "They worked all night painting the scenery"
- noun: the context and environment in which something is set
- noun: a situation treated as an observable object
Example: "The religious scene in England has changed in the last century"
- noun: a display of bad temper
Example: "He made a scene"
- noun: the visual percept of a region
Search for scene at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse