Definitions of secondary:
- noun: the defensive football players who line up behind the linemen
- noun: coil such that current is induced in it by passing a current through the primary coil
- adjective: not of major importance
Example: "Played a secondary role in world events"
- adjective: of second rank or importance or value; not direct or immediate
Example: "The stone will be hauled to a secondary crusher"
- adjective: depending on or incidental to what is original or primary
Example: "A secondary infection"
- adjective: belonging to a lower class or rank
- adjective: inferior in rank or status
Search for secondary at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia