Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of secret:
- noun: information known only to a special group
Example: "The secret of Cajun cooking"
- noun: something that should remain hidden from others (especially information that is not to be passed on)
Example: "The combination to the safe was a secret"
- noun: something that baffles understanding and cannot be explained
Example: "It remains one of nature's secrets"
- adjective: communicated covertly
Example: "Their a secret signal was a wink"
- adjective: not open or public; kept private or not revealed
Example: "A secret formula"
- adjective: the next to highest level of official classification for documents
- adjective: not expressed
Example: "Secret (or private) thoughts"
- adjective: indulging only covertly
- adjective: designed to elude detection
Example: "A secret passage"
- adjective: not openly made known
Example: "A secret marriage"
- adjective: (of information) given in confidence or in secret
Example: "Their secret communications"
- adjective: hidden from general view or use
Example: "A secret garden"
- adjective: having an import not apparent to the senses nor obvious to the intelligence; beyond ordinary understanding
Example: "The secret learning of the ancients"
- adjective: conducted with or marked by hidden aims or methods
Example: "Secret missions"
Search for secret at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse