Definitions of series:
- noun: (mathematics) the sum of a finite or infinite sequence of expressions
- noun: a periodical that appears at scheduled times
- noun: (sports) several contests played successively by the same teams
Example: "The visiting team swept the series"
- noun: similar things placed in order or happening one after another
Example: "They were investigating a series of bank robberies"
- noun: a group of postage stamps having a common theme or a group of coins or currency selected as a group for study or collection
Example: "The Post Office issued a series commemorating famous American entertainers"
- noun: (electronics) connection of components in such a manner that current flows first through one and then through the other
Example: "The voltage divider consisted of a series of fixed resistors"
- noun: a serialized set of programs
Example: "A comedy series"
Search for series at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia