Definitions of service:
- noun: the performance of duties by a waiter or servant
Example: "That restaurant has excellent service"
- noun: the act of delivering a writ or summons upon someone
Example: "He accepted service of the subpoena"
- noun: work done by one person or group that benefits another
Example: "Budget separately for goods and services"
- noun: (law) the acts performed by an English feudal tenant for the benefit of his lord which formed the consideration for the property granted to him
- noun: employment in or work for another
Example: "He retired after 30 years of service"
- noun: the act of public worship following prescribed rules
Example: "The Sunday service"
- noun: an act of help or assistance
Example: "He did them a service"
- noun: tableware consisting of a complete set of articles (silver or dishware) for use at table
- noun: a company or agency that performs a public service; subject to government regulation
- noun: Canadian writer (born in England) who wrote about life in the Yukon Territory (1874-1958)
- noun: (sports) a stroke that puts the ball in play
- noun: the act of mating by male animals
- noun: periodic maintenance on a car or machine
- noun: a means of serving
- noun: a force that is a branch of the armed forces
- verb: be used by; as of a utility
- verb: make fit for use
Example: "Service my truck"
- verb: mate with
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #16005)
Search for service at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse