Definitions of shape:
- noun: the spatial arrangement of something as distinct from its substance
Example: "Geometry is the mathematical science of shape"
- noun: any spatial attributes (especially as defined by outline)
Example: "He could barely make out their shapes through the smoke"
- noun: a concrete representation of an otherwise nebulous concept
- noun: the visual appearance of something or someone
- noun: a perceptual structure
- noun: the supremem headquarters that advises NATO on military matters and oversees all aspects of the Allied Command Europe
- noun: the state of (good) health (especially in the phrases `in condition' or `in shape' or `out of condition' or `out of shape')
- noun: alternative names for the body of a human being
- verb: give a shape or form to
Example: "Shape the dough"
- verb: make something, usually for a specific function
Example: "Shape a figure"
- verb: shape or influence; give direction to
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #60338)
Search for shape at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse