Definitions of shunt:
- noun: implant consisting of a tube made of plastic or rubber; for draining fluids within the body
- noun: a conductor having low resistance in parallel with another device to divert a fraction of the current
- noun: a passage by which a bodily fluid (especially blood) is diverted from one channel to another
Example: "An arteriovenus shunt"
- verb: provide with or divert by means of an electrical shunt
- verb: transfer to another track, of trains
Search for shunt at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia