Definitions of skin:
- noun: an outer surface (usually thin)
Example: "The skin of an airplane"
- noun: a bag serving as a container for liquids; it is made from the skin of an animal
- noun: a natural protective covering of the body; site of the sense of touch
Example: "Your skin is the largest organ of your body"
- noun: a person's skin regarded as their life
Example: "He tried to save his skin"
- noun: the tissue forming the hard outer layer (of e.g. a fruit)
- noun: the rind of a fruit or vegetable
- noun: body covering of a living animal
- verb: strip the skin off
- verb: bruise, cut, or injure the skin or the surface of
Example: "The boy skinned his knee when he fell"
- verb: remove the bark of a tree
- verb: strike against an object
- verb: climb awkwardly, as if by scrambling
Search for skin at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse