Read some of the poems submitted to our vaccine poetry contest!
Definitions of slow:
- verb: become slow or slower
Example: "Production slowed"
- verb: cause to proceed more slowly
Example: "The illness slowed him down"
- verb: lose velocity; move more slowly
- adjective: not moving quickly; taking a comparatively long time
Example: "A slow walker"
- adjective: at a slow tempo
Example: "The band played a slow waltz"
- adjective: (used of timepieces) indicating a time earlier than the correct time
Example: "The clock is slow"
- adjective: (of business) not active or brisk
Example: "Business is dull (or slow)"
- adjective: so lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness
- adjective: slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity
Example: "Worked with the slow students"
- adverb: without speed (`slow' is sometimes used informally for `slowly')
Example: "He spoke slowly"
- adverb: of timepieces
Example: "The clock is almost an hour slow"
Search for slow at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse