Definitions of smart:
- noun: a kind of pain such as that caused by a wound or a burn or a sore
- verb: be the source of pain
- adjective: showing mental alertness and calculation and resourcefulness
- adjective: characterized by quickness and ease in learning
Example: "Smart children talk earlier than the average"
- adjective: elegant and stylish
Example: "A smart new dress"
- adjective: improperly forward or bold
- adjective: marked by smartness in dress and manners
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 9090 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1049)
Search for smart at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia