Try out Spruce, our experimental quotations search engine.
Definitions of smoke:
- noun: the act of smoking tobacco or other substances
Example: "He went outside for a smoke"
- noun: something with no concrete substance
Example: "His dreams all turned to smoke"
- noun: an indication of some hidden activity
Example: "With all that smoke there must be a fire somewhere"
- noun: a cloud of fine particles suspended in a gas
- noun: a hot vapor containing fine particles of carbon being produced by combustion
Example: "The fire produced a tower of black smoke that could be seen for miles"
- noun: tobacco leaves that have been made into a cylinder
- noun: (baseball) a pitch thrown with maximum velocity
Example: "He showed batters nothing but smoke"
- noun: street names for marijuana
- verb: inhale and exhale smoke from cigarettes, cigars, pipes
Example: "We never smoked marijuana"
- verb: emit a cloud of fine particles
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #32815)
Search for smoke at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse