Definitions of snag:
- noun: a dead tree that is still standing, usually in an undisturbed forest
Example: "A snag can provide food and a habitat for insects and birds"
- noun: a sharp protuberance
- noun: an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart
Example: "She had snags in her stockings"
- noun: an unforeseen obstacle
- verb: get by acting quickly and smartly
Example: "Snag a bargain"
- verb: hew jaggedly
- verb: catch on a snag
Example: "I snagged my stocking"
Search for snag at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...