Definitions of snare:
- noun: a trap for birds or small mammals; often has a noose
- noun: strings stretched across the lower head of a snare drum; they make a rattling sound when the drum is hit
- noun: a surgical instrument consisting of wire hoop that can be drawn tight around the base of polyps or small tumors to sever them; used especially in body cavities
- noun: a small drum with two heads and a snare stretched across the lower head
- noun: something (often something deceptively attractive) that catches you unawares
Example: "It was all a snare and delusion"
- verb: entice and trap
Example: "The car salesman had snared three potential customers"
- verb: catch in or as if in a trap
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #29629)
Search for snare at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia