Definitions of Sophia:
- name: A female given name (common: 1 in 3125 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #441)
- noun: A female given name from Ancient Greek, borne by an early Christian saint, and by European royalty.
- noun: (Gnosticism) An aeon (a form of divine being) in the Gnostic tradition.
- noun: A town in West Virginia, United States; named for early resident Sophia McGinnis.
- noun: Archaic spelling of Sophy. (title of a Safavid dynasty shah):
(Definitions from Wiktionary)
Search for Sophia at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia