Definitions of space:
- noun: the unlimited expanse in which everything is located
Example: "They tested his ability to locate objects in space"
- noun: a blank area
Example: "Write your name in the space provided"
- noun: a blank character used to separate successive words in writing or printing
Example: "He said the space is the most important character in the alphabet"
- noun: one of the areas between or below or above the lines of a musical staff
Example: "The spaces are the notes F-A-C-E"
- noun: an area reserved for some particular purpose
Example: "The laboratory's floor space"
- noun: an empty area (usually bounded in some way between things)
Example: "The architect left space in front of the building"
- noun: (printing) a block of type without a raised letter; used for spacing between words
- noun: the interval between two times
Example: "It all happened in the space of 10 minutes"
- verb: place at intervals
Example: "Space the interviews so that you have some time between the different candidates"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #27072)
Search for space at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse