Definitions of splash:
- noun: the act of scattering water about haphazardly
- noun: the sound like water splashing
- noun: a small quantity of something moist or soft
- noun: the act of splashing a (liquid) substance on a surface
- verb: make a splashing sound
Example: "Water was splashing on the floor"
- verb: mark or overlay with patches of contrasting color or texture; cause to appear splashed or spattered
Example: "The mountain was splashed with snow"
- verb: strike and dash about in a liquid
Example: "The boys splashed around in the pool"
- verb: soil or stain with a splashed liquid
- verb: cause (a liquid) to spatter about, especially with force
Example: "She splashed the water around her"
- verb: walk through mud or mire
- verb: dash a liquid upon or against
Example: "The mother splashed the baby's face with water"
Search for splash at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia