Definitions of squarely:
- adverb: with firmness and conviction; without compromise
- adverb: firmly and solidly
Example: "Hit the ball squarely"
- adverb: in a square shape
Example: "A squarely cut piece of paper"
- adverb: directly and without evasion; not roundabout
Example: "To face a problem squarely"
- adverb: with honesty and fairness
Example: "Dealt squarely with his customers"
- adverb: in a straight direct way
Example: "Looked him squarely in the eye"
Search for squarely at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia