Definitions of squat:
- noun: the act of assuming or maintaining a squatting position
- noun: exercising by repeatedly assuming a squatting position; strengthens the leg muscles
- noun: a small worthless amount
- verb: occupy (a dwelling) illegally
- verb: be close to the earth, or be disproportionately wide
Example: "The building squatted low"
- verb: sit on one's heels
Example: "In some cultures, the women give birth while squatting"
- adjective: having a low center of gravity; built low to the ground
- adjective: short and thick; as e.g. having short legs and heavy musculature
Example: "A little church with a squat tower"
Search for squat at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia