Definitions of stout:
- noun: a garment size for a large or heavy person
- noun: a strong very dark heavy-bodied ale made from pale malt and roasted unmalted barley and (often) caramel malt with hops
- adjective: dependable
Example: "Stout hearts"
- adjective: euphemisms for `fat'
Example: "Men are portly and women are stout"
- adjective: having rugged physical strength; inured to fatigue or hardships
Example: "Stout seamen"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 6666 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #822)
Search for stout at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia