Give the gift of rhyme to an iPhone user
Definitions of stream:
- noun: dominant course (suggestive of running water) of successive events or ideas
Example: "Two streams of development run through American history"
- noun: a natural body of running water flowing on or under the earth
- noun: something that resembles a flowing stream in moving continuously
Example: "A stream of people emptied from the terminal"
- noun: the act of flowing or streaming; continuous progression
- noun: a steady flow (usually from natural causes)
Example: "The raft floated downstream on the current"
- verb: flow freely and abundantly
Example: "Tears streamed down her face"
- verb: to extend, wave or float outward, as if in the wind
Example: "Their manes streamed like stiff black pennants in the wind"
- verb: exude profusely
Example: "She was streaming with sweat"
- verb: rain heavily
- verb: move in large numbers
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #26003)
Search for stream at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse