Definitions of take off:
- verb: take time off from work; stop working temporarily
- verb: remove clothes
Example: "Take off your shirt--it's very hot in here"
- verb: prove fatal
- verb: take away or remove
- verb: mimic or imitate, especially in an amusing or satirical manner
- verb: depart from the ground
- verb: get started or set in motion, used figuratively
- verb: make a subtraction
- verb: leave
Search for take off at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...