Definitions of thing:
- noun: a separate and self-contained entity
- noun: an action
Example: "How could you do such a thing?"
- noun: an artifact
Example: "How does this thing work?"
- noun: an entity that is not named specifically
Example: "I couldn't tell what the thing was"
- noun: any attribute or quality considered as having its own existence
Example: "The thing I like about her is ..."
- noun: a special abstraction
Example: "A thing of the spirit"
- noun: a special objective
Example: "The thing is to stay in bounds"
- noun: a statement regarded as an object
Example: "To say the same thing in other terms"
- noun: an event
Example: "A funny thing happened on the way to the..."
- noun: a persistent illogical feeling of desire or aversion
Example: "He has a thing about seafood"
- noun: a special situation
Example: "This thing has got to end"
- noun: a vaguely specified concern
Example: "Things are going well"
Search for thing at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse