Get our highly rated iPhone/iPad or Android RhymeZone apps!
Definitions of track:
- noun: the act of participating in an athletic competition involving running on a track
- noun: any road or path affording passage especially a rough one
- noun: a bar or bars of rolled steel making a track along which vehicles can roll
- noun: a pair of parallel rails providing a runway for wheels
- noun: a groove on a phonograph recording
- noun: (computer science) one of the circular magnetic paths on a magnetic disk that serve as a guide for writing and reading data
- noun: an endless metal belt on which tracked vehicles move over the ground
- noun: evidence pointing to a possible solution
- noun: a distinct selection of music from a recording or a compact disc
Example: "The title track of the album"
- noun: a line or route along which something travels or moves
Example: "The track of an animal"
- noun: a course over which races are run
- verb: carry on the feet and deposit
Example: "Track mud into the house"
- verb: observe or plot the moving path of something
Example: "Track a missile"
- verb: make tracks upon
- verb: travel across or pass over
- verb: go after with the intent to catch
Search for track at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse