Definitions of trail:
- noun: a path or track roughly blazed through wild or hilly country
- noun: a track or mark left by something that has passed
Example: "There as a trail of blood"
- noun: evidence pointing to a possible solution
Example: "The trail led straight to the perpetrator"
- verb: move, proceed, or walk draggingly pr slowly
Example: "John trailed behind behis class mates"
- verb: drag loosely along a surface; allow to sweep the ground
Example: "The toddler was trailing his pants"
- verb: hang down so as to drag along the ground
Example: "The bride's veiled trailed along the ground"
- verb: to lag or linger behind
- verb: go after with the intent to catch
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #8609)
Search for trail at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2023 Datamuse