Definitions of tramp:
- noun: a heavy footfall
Example: "The tramp of military boots"
- noun: a disreputable vagrant
Example: "A homeless tramp"
- noun: a long walk usually for exercise or pleasure
- noun: a commercial steamer for hire; one having no regular schedule
- noun: a foot traveler; someone who goes on an extended walk (for pleasure)
- noun: a person who engages freely in promiscuous sex
- verb: cross on foot
Example: "We had to tramp the creeks"
- verb: travel on on foot, especially on a walking expedition
Example: "We went tramping about the state of Colorado"
- verb: move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment
- verb: walk heavily and firmly, as when weary, or through mud
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #67050)
Search for tramp at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2022 Datamuse