Definitions of transplant:
- noun: the act of uprooting and moving a plant to a new location
Example: "The transplant was successful"
- noun: an operation moving an organ from one organism (the donor) to another (the recipient)
Example: "He had a kidney transplant"
- noun: (surgery) tissue or organ transplanted from a donor to a recipient; in some cases the patient can be both donor and recipient
- verb: be transplantable
Example: "These delicate plants do not transplant easily"
- verb: place athe organ of a donor into the body of a recipient
- verb: lift and reset in another soil or situation
Example: "Transplant the young rice plants"
- verb: transfer from one place or period to another
Example: "The ancient Greek story was transplanted into Modern America"
Search for transplant at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia