Definitions of treat:
- noun: an occurrence that cause special pleasure or delight
- noun: something considered choice to eat
- verb: provide with a gift or entertainment
Example: "Grandmother always treated us to the circus"
- verb: interact in a certain way
Example: "Treat him with caution, please"
- verb: regard or consider in a specific way
Example: "I treated his advances as a joke"
- verb: engage in negotiations in order to reach an agreement
Example: "They had to treat with the King"
- verb: provide treatment for
Example: "The doctor treated my broken leg"
- verb: subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition
Example: "Treat the water so it can be drunk"
- verb: deal with verbally or in some form of artistic expression
Example: "The new book treats the history of China"
- verb: provide with choice or abundant food or drink
Example: "Don't worry about the expensive wine--I'm treating"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #4953)
Search for treat at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2023 Datamuse