Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of trim:
- noun: cutting down to the desired size or shape
- noun: attitude of an aircraft in flight when allowed to take its own orientation
- noun: a state of arrangement or appearance
Example: "In good trim"
- noun: a decoration or adornment on a garment
Example: "The trimming on a hat"
- verb: be in equilibrium during a flight
Example: "The airplane trimmed"
- verb: balance in flight by regulating the control surfaces
Example: "Trim an airplane"
- verb: adjust (sails on a ship) so that the wind is optimally used
- verb: decorate (food), as with parsley or other ornamental foods
- verb: decorate, as with ornaments
Example: "Trim the christmas tree"
- verb: cut closely
Example: "Trim my beard"
- verb: remove the edges from and cut down to the desired size
Example: "Trim the photograph"
- verb: cut down on; make a reduction in
- verb: cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of
- adjective: severely simple in line or design
- adjective: of places; characterized by order and neatness; free from disorder
Example: "A trim little sailboat"
- adjective: thin and fit
Example: "A body kept trim by exercise"
- adjective: (of persons) neat and smart in appearance
- adjective: (used of hair) neat and tidy
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #10550)
Search for trim at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse