Definitions of trip:
- noun: an unintentional but embarrassing blunder
Example: "He recited the whole poem without a single trip"
- noun: a light or nimble tread
Example: "He heard the trip of women's feet overhead"
- noun: a journey for some purpose (usually including the return)
Example: "He took a trip to the shopping center"
- noun: an exciting or stimulting experience
- noun: a hallucinatory experience induced by drugs
Example: "An acid trip"
- noun: a catch mechanism that acts as a switch
Example: "The pressure activates the tripper and releases the water"
- noun: an accidental misstep threatening (or causing) a fall
- verb: get high, stoned, or drugged
Example: "He trips every weekend"
- verb: put in motion or move to act
- verb: cause to stumble
Example: "The questions on the test tripped him up"
- verb: make a trip for pleasure
- verb: miss a step and fall or nearly fall
Search for trip at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse