Definitions of tube:
- noun: conduit consisting of a long hollow object (usually cylindrical) used to hold and conduct objects or liquids or gases
- noun: electronic device consisting of a system of electrodes arranged in an evacuated glass or metal envelope
- noun: (anatomy) any hollow cylindrical body structure
- noun: a hollow cylindrical shape
- noun: electric underground railway
- verb: convey in a tube
Example: "Inside Paris, they used to tube mail"
- verb: provide with a tube or insert a tube into
- verb: place or enclose in a tube
- verb: ride or float on an inflated tube
Example: "We tubed down the river on a hot summer day"
Search for tube at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia