Give the gift of rhyme to an iPhone user
Definitions of union:
- noun: the act of making or becoming a single unit
Example: "The union of opposing factions"
- noun: a device on a national flag emblematic of the union of two or more sovereignties (typically in the upper inner corner)
- noun: the occurrence of a uniting of separate parts
Example: "Lightning produced an unusual union of the metals"
- noun: a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets
Example: "Let C be the union of the sets A and B"
- noun: an organization of employees formed to bargain with the employer
Example: "You have to join the union in order to get a job"
- noun: a political unit formed from previously independent people or organizations
Example: "The Soviet Union"
- noun: the United States (especially the northern states during the American Civil War)
Example: "He has visited every state in the Union"
- noun: healing process involving the growing together of the edges of a wound or the growing together of broken bones
- noun: the state of being joined or united or linked
Example: "There is strength in union"
- noun: the state of being a married couple voluntarily joined for life (or until divorce)
Example: "God bless this union"
- noun: the act of pairing a male and female for reproductive purposes
- adjective: being of or having to do with the northern United States and those loyal to the Union during the Civil War
Example: "Union soldiers"
- adjective: of trade unions
Example: "The union movement"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #36611)
Search for union at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse