Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of untouchable:
- noun: belongs to lowest social and ritual class in India
- adjective: forbidden to the touch
Example: "In most museums such articles are untouchable"
- adjective: beyond the reach of criticism or attack or impeachment
Example: "For the first time criticism was directed at a hitherto untouchable target- Newsweek"
- adjective: defiling to the touch; especially used in traditional Hindu belief of the lowest caste or castes
- adjective: impossible to assail
- adjective: not capable of being obtained
Example: "Untouchable resources buried deep within the earth"
Search for untouchable at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...